Long Distance Gong Shoot
(and Sporting Clays Shoot)
Boschfontein Farm, Ficksburg
18 May 2019
Visierskerf Branch of the Free State Hunters and Game Conservation Association, in partnership with Boschfontein Farm, Ficksburg Round Table 98 and Wildman (Bethlehem), is proud to host a Long Distance Gong Shoot on Boschfontein Farm (approx 15 km outside Ficksburg) on the 18th of May 2019.
Shooting will be 10 shots (within 5 minutes) from the prone position at gongs ranged between approx 200m and 700m. No electronic or digital range finders allowed. Bipods and fore-end rests allowed but no butt supports. Separate open/iron sight, telescopic sight, and junior categories. Spectators and non-shooters welcome.
Cost: R100 per entry.
- All rifles (below .338”) welcome but no muzzle-breaks allowed.
- Pre-registration and payment is a must! Limited spaces are available.
- Juniors to be accompanied by a Firearm License holder.
- All rifles to be safely bagged/cased on arrival.
- Ear and eye protection.
- You will need at least 10 rounds. Possibly more for tie breaks.
- Walking shoes/boots and outdoor clothes.
- Cash for Braai-packs and the Round Table cash bar.